KARACHI, Oct 14 (TNS): Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) Chief Farooq Satter on Saturday said that whatever happened in Islamabad on Friday was an unpleasant incident which harmed the image of the country abroad.
Talking to media after appearing in an anti-terrorism court in incendiary speech cases along with other party leaders, Farooq Sattar said that Islamabad incident had harmed the image of the country at internal level.
He opined that the courts must be respected at every cost. Sattar said that the incident should have not happened.
The MQM-P chief added that disorder and violence in a court was contempt of the constitution. He said that MQM-P condemned the incident.
He complained that federal and provincial governments and law enforcement agencies were not giving space to the MQM. He added that though no one was denying the existence of MQM-P but they were not being given their due political freedom, which would have bad consequences.
He added that uncalled for arrests of MQM-P workers had been started. He claimed that MQM-P workers were being pressured to join PSP.
He added that that MQM-P workers and leaders were being intimidated and threatened and as a result restlessness among his party workers was increasing.
Earlier, the ATC heard the inflammatory speech cases. The court again issued non-bailable arrest warrants of MQM founder Altaf Hussain, Rasheed Godail, Khushbakht Shujaat, Salman Mujahid Baloch and others.
MQM-P chief Farooq Satter, senior leader Amir Khan, Mayor Karachi Waseem Akhtar, Opposition Leader in Sindh Assembly Khwaja Izhar and other appeared before the court.
The court adjourned further hearing of the case till October 28, 2017.