LAHORE, Feb 18 (TNS): An anti-terrorism court has issued detailed order of Zainab murder case which is comprises of 85 pages.
Earlier, ATC finding Imran Ali, the man accused of raping and murdering six-year-old Zainab Amin in Kasur last month, guilty of the charges brought against him, on Saturday handed him four counts of the death penalty, one life term, a 7-year jail term and Rs3.2 million in fines.
The verdict was announced at Lahore’s Central Jail in Kot Lakhpat on Saturday.
In his written order court charged him in six counts:
- Kidnapping: Imran was sentenced death under Section 364-A
- Raping: He was awarded death sentence and fine of Rs one million for raping her.
- Murdering: He was awarded death penalty and fine of Rs one million for murdering her.
- Terrorism: Under the terrorism act he was sentenced death penalty.
- Concealing Body: Another 7-year jail sentence and Rs1 million fine were imposed for concealing the body in a trash heap under the section 201.
- Unnatural ACT: The life sentence, along with a Rs 200, 000 fine, was handed to Ali for committing an “unnatural act.
Additionally, Rs1 million from the penalties imposed will be paid to the victim’s heirs, the judge ruled.