SC seeks complete record of Sindh govt projects by 26th

 
458

ISLAMABAD, Oct 23 (TNS): The Supreme Court on Monday asked the advocate general of Sindh to provide by Oct 26 complete information about major development projects undertaken during the past 10 years after the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) head alleged the provincial government was not cooperating with the probe body in the fake accounts case.

Appearing before a three-judge bench, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar in the fake accounts case, FIA’s additional director general and JIT head Ahsan Sadiq said information being provided by the Sindh government was piecemeal and not complete.

However, AG Salman Talibuddin dismissed the allegation of non-cooperation, saying it would be unkind to suggest that when the Sindh government had been collecting and providing relevant information to the JIT.

In response to a query, the JIT head told the court that the probe team had solicited information from the Sindh administration through written requests. He contended that around Rs54 billion was transferred from 36 different “Benami” companies. Of this amount, he added, Rs47 billion transactions through thousands of fake accounts had been identified. He said the JIT unearthed transactions through the fake accounts opened in the name of rickshaw drivers and vendors.